Monday, May 10, 2010

Disneyland with (most) the Fam

Yes you can say Disneyland again. We had to go this time. The whole family participated in Disney's "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" volunteer program. We had grand plans of everyone going together but with 27 people there are bound to be some adventures along the way. Poor Hailey got so sick she got to visit the ER instead. Thankfully it was only Strep but it happened on the wrong day. Then grandpa forgot to change his insulin pump so he had to drive all the way back to San Diego to get new insulin for his pump. He made it back in time for dinner and rode some of the fun rides with us. It was crazy trying to get everyone together but we managed a few times and I think everyone had fun. When you have a big group with an age range of 0-59 you have to be ready for an adventure.







Good news! Grifin finally got to drive a car. Between now and October he grew enough he could drive on the raceway. Oh, happy day. I think his Disney trip was complete. He even got his driver's license. That meant daddy could drive with Jaron. He and I are both glad that they have many years until they will be driving a real car.




Who wants to ride Dumbo when you can eat Humus all by yourself and chase a duck?

We only lost one child the whole day, sort of. Jaron loves to adventure by himself in Toon Town. I thought he would go straight for Donald's boat but I was wrong. Just as the panic was starting to set in we found him driving Goofy's car. He wasn't worried on little bit. He knew right where he was. We just chose the wrong day to be there. It was sooooo busy. I think that we will stay away from Spring breaks in the future.





Jaron really wanted to see Daisy but like I said before it was too busy. The line was so long I didn't want to risk losing another child in the process. So this was the best we could do. He was happy anyway. We still haven't been able to find Donald Duck though.




Thunder Mountain with all the gang. Jaron didn't really love it but with Daddy and the big boys riding again he did just so he could not be left behind. But when it came to Pirates of the Caribbean he was not going to give in he hates that ride. So it's a good thing he has a nice uncle that didn't really want to ride either. While we were riding I realized that it is pretty scary and we are crazy to think torturing our children is a good idea. They forgive us when they're older right?




Grandpa is the best baby wrangler ever. He can even wrangle two at once. Both were asleep by the time we got off of Indiana Jones. Thanks Grandpa!!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Hi Julie! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! We just got back from Disneyland and my kids loved looking at all your pictures and talking about going there too... :)!!
Your boys are adorable! And you look great!

Mandi said...

Oh, the fun memories. I miss you!