Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cousin Devin's Spring Break

Devin came to stay for his Spring Break. He and his family came to go skiing BUT Devin didn't really want to leave the boys even to go skiing. So daddy and uncle Todd went without him. Devin's excuse was that he needed to help me with Grifin. It's fun to feel so loved.

We had a busy week. We went sledding and had a really great time. I thought maybe we would go for an hour, but three and a half hours later we came home soaking wet and exhausted. We all had a good laugh. I haven't seen Elena laugh and smile so much in a long time.




One Day we went to 3 different candy factories. You would think that the boys would be in heaven but by the 3rd one they were exhausted and hungry. We thought! My boys never ate their burgers so maybe they were just exhausted. Christina and I wanted to go to our last stop just for fun. There was a show called Little Choclatiers that we both watched and thought it would be fun to go to their shop. It was fun because we got to meet Katie while we were there.

We had so many fun busy days with a lot of adventures! Another really fun day was heading up to Hill Air Force Base to see all the amazing aircraft they have in the museum there. There a lot of amazing planes but Grif was so cute I forgot to take pictures of much else. The boys got lost in the world of aviation. Jaron had such agreat time dressing up too. Jaxon and I learned about gyroscopes and the role they have in an aircraft.


We also went skiing and talked Devin into going one last time since Jax was going too. Sadly I didn't get any pictures of Jax's first time skiing but we will just have to go again. Of course it was an adventure because that is the only way we do things around here. We got up to the hill and found out Jaxon's coat would not zip up anymore. It was snowing a lot and he was getting more nervous by the minute but he finally road the ski lift up and ended up having a great time. We got up to the Mountain very late because of a strange emergency I will explain in the next post. I forget every year how much I really do love to go skiing. The powder was amazing!

Finally we came to our last night and Devin was not going to let his parents talk him into staying at Grandma's instead of our house. He and the boys woke up early so they could play Rock Band before he went home. It ended up being about 11 before they finally got on the road. The whole trip he talked about moving here and staying here and what he would do if he changed to the boys school. He also started calling our house his house and home. It was crazy having 4 boys in our scrunchy house but they made so many memories through all of our adventures. They shared beds, germs and sicknesses as well as a lot of laughs and fun.

No comments: