Later we decided that we really needed to keep up our tradition of going to the zoo on Thanksgiving Eve. This was our 3rd or maybe our 4th year in a row. I can't remember. Oh, well it was awesome!
The animals were so alert and playful. We got to see the gorillas and orangutans up close. We even got to have our picture taken with a turkey.
We enjoyed seeing the tigers stretching and waking up from their naps and then we moved on to the giraffes. Jaxon made a new friend that really enjoyed licking his boot. After about 45 minutes of watching their 18 long tongues lick everything around we headed back to see our Tiger friends.
The Tigers were up and ready to play. They were wrestling like all brothers do to get their favorite toys. But then the tigers decided the kids looked like dinner and started stalking them. They would watch them and the crouch down behind a rock and the Spring forward when one would run by. It was a little alarming at first and we were hoping their enclosure was really secure. It was actually quite interesting to see them acting on instinct even though they have been in captivity since birth. Yes, it was still 13 degrees but we had an amazing trip to the zoo. We learned a lot and we even stayed pretty warm with the heaters and indoor exhibits.
Jaxon and Casey loved seeing that the snakes had shed their skins recently in the reptile house. The kids were all so good and once again, when the boys are happy I am happy.
Happy Thanksgiving! I am grateful for my darling family and the joy they are and I am also very grateful for a husband who works hard for our family so I can stay home with the boys. We are truly blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment